with the Village of South Charleston
Part-Time Mayor's Court Clerk Position ‐ Village of South Charleston
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Village of South Charleston Mayor's Court. Some of the tasks this position is responsible for, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Completing daily tasks associated with the operations of the Mayor's Court in a safe, economical, and efficient manner.
- Performing daily operations of the Mayor's Court including assigning case numbers, recording tickets, preparing Court reports for the media, preparing blocks and releases of forfeiture forms, typing bench warrants and subpoenas, sending reminder notices, collection letters and depositing fines and fees.
- Reconciling monthly bank statements and disbursing funds to the Village Clerk and Treasure of the State of Ohio.
- Preparing monthly and annual reports of the Village Commission.
- Preforming other clerk duties.
Requirements of this position, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Minimum graduation from high school
- Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping practices and management
- Prior work experience is desirable, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to deal effectively, courteously and tactfully in the general public, often under difficult circumstances
- Ability to work efficiently with police personnel, court officials and attorneys as well as the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Ability to maintain total discretion of delicate and confidential matters pertaining to the court and police department
- Knowledge of state and local laws regarding Mayor's Court
- Willingness and ability to attend continuing education seminars to remain current with new laws, new procedures for Mayor's Courts, state requirements and Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles requirements
Please send resume and application, found on the Village of South Charleston website, to Village of South Charleston Attn: Village Manager PO Box X South Charleston, Ohio 45368. Resume and application may also be hand delivered at the Town Hall, 35 South Chillicothe Street South Charleston, Ohio 45368.
Village of South Charleston Police Officer
The Village of South Charleston is looking for Part Time Police Officers. The requirements are that you must be OPOTA certified and you must have at least one year of experience. This would be for all shifts so you must have a flexible schedule and available to work weekends.
Please send all Resumes along with an application that is on our website at www.villageofsouthcharleston.net to:
Village of South Charleston
P.O. Box X
South Charleston, OH 45368
email them to email@example.com